I am a QA Engineer with almost five years of experience in manual and automated testing. I am part of a QA team that tests a wide variety of web applications but I focus primarily on testing integrations with restaurant point-of-sale systems and creating automated tests for the company's API services. I also contribute to the QA team by providing app deployments to test servers and if necessary changing configurations for test servers (Linux).
Taught myself to program using various languages but Python is my most proficient and beloved. Not only do I enjoy programming for work, I love programming outside of work too. I spend my free time finding ways of automating my life and learning more about technology. I am looking for an environment that permits me to utilize my skills, while allowing me to learn new skills and grow professionally as an Automated QA Software Engineer.
|May 2017 - Present
|QA Automation Specialist|
|February 2013 - May 2017
|Quality Assurance Engineer|
- Test integrations API (SOAP, REST), FTP and Web Applications.
- Develop automated test cases for web UI with Python/Unittest and Selenium.
- Develop automated test cases for SOAP API with Python/Suds.
- Assist in development and implementation of test framework using pytest for a purely RESTful application.
- Improve existing automated tests to be more robust and dynamic.
- Assess manual test coverage, plan and coordinate the creation of automated tests (web UI, API).
- Create test plans and documentation with complete test case coverage.
- Actively participate in the AGILE development processes from daily standups, sprint plans, meetings with developers and product owners.
|February 2012 - November 2012
|Automation Developer / Test Engineer|
- Split time between Automation Development and QA Testing.
- Worked on a team that creates and maintains automated data acquisition scripts for over 800 university and college websites.
- Collaborated with team in the migration of proprietary scripting language to Python.
- Worked with business development team by collecting statewide company information for business analysis.
- Created test cases and ran regression on MyEdu's iOS and Web applications.
- Assisted with website wide development releases.
|January 2011 - January 2012
|University Relations Coordinator|
- Worked closely with officials at 150+ universities nationwide to request, obtain and process data, while ensuring data quality.
- Created SQL queries to retrieve data from databases for use in multiple projects.
- Ensured high standard of data quality and recommend solutions to improve data collection by automating task.
- Laid groundwork for normalizing professor grade data by ensuring quality data with efficient means; saving time and money by reducing the need for outsourcing.
|August 2004 - May 2008
||Texas State University
||San Marcos, TX
|Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Computer: Python, Regex, GIT & SVN, SQL, Selenium, TestRail, HTML, CSS, Mac, Linux & PC
Personal: Oral and written communication, customer service, critical thinker, detail oriented. Works well independently but is also proficient while working with others.